The Work-Study Program encourages employment in education and work related to your course of study whenever possible.
educators & innovators
Employees all over
Accredited educational institutions
American HEC Federal Work-Study Jobs Program
American HEC Federal Work-Study provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing students to earn money to help pay for their education expenses. The program encourages community service and jobs related to the student’s field of study.
- It offers part-time employment while you are enrolled in school.
- It’s obtainable by undergraduate, graduate, and professional students with financial need.
- It’s presented to full-time or part-time students.
- It’s administered by American HEC accredited schools participating in the Federal Work-Study Program.
- Work-study jobs and funds are limited.
- Federal Work-Study awardees need to find a job through usual channels
- Work-study jobs are not always offered on campus.
- Students are allowed to hold up to two different Work Study positions
- Work-study funds are not applied directly to your tuition.
- Earnings are subtracted from your loan amount
- Jobs vary in responsibilities and therefore in payments aswell
- Federal Work-Study students do not earn tuition points for their work.
American HEC Work Study Awarding Process
Submit your application along with all supporting docments to the American HEC
- Need Determination
application goes under review and a panel evaluates your financial standing
- Eligibility Established
Students enrollement status with an accredited university is confirmed
- Work-Study Awarded
Work study hours based on budget availability are awarded to the applicant
Frequently Asked Questions
What kinds of jobs are there?
How much can I earn?
You’ll earn at least the minimum wage set by the government. However, you can earn more depending on the type of work and the skills required for the job post.
How will I be paid?
You will be paid in cash, check or bank transfer. You can however request your pay to be adjust in your tuition.
How many hours can I work?
The amount of hours you are allowed to work for depends on your pay. You can work for the amount of hours of which the pay does not exceed your work study award amount.